|Current issue | Manuscript submission | Contacts|
Rules and Regulations of the Review Process
1. Articles (materials) shall be submitted electronically via electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org in a single copy that is thoroughly proofread by the author (authors); the author’s (authors’) background information; the annotation in Russian and in English; key words in Russian and in English, and the other necessary documents.
2. Editors reserve the right to return articles (materials) that do not meet the requirements of Electronic Supplement to “Russian Juridical Journal” to the articles (materials). Specific directions for preparing articles can be found on the Journal’s website electronic.ruzh.org.
3. Upon submission the editor shall register an article in the Registration Journal specifying the date of a paper’s submission, title, name of the author (authors) and the author’s (authors’) place of work. Simultaneously, an individual registration number shall be assigned to the article. Moreover, the abovementioned information shall be added to the Journal’s data base.
4. The Editor-in-Chief shall refer the article for review to an Editorial board member, responsible for the corresponding research area or the scientific discipline who have for the past 3 years publications on the topic of the article. In case the the Editorial board member is absent or the article is submitted by an Editorial board member the Editor-in-Chief shall refer the material for review to the experts who are not part of the Editorial board (External reviewers (see para. 9)).
5. A Reviewer shall assess the article within the period of 2 weeks starting from the article’s receipt. Upon expiration of this period the Reviewer shall send the reasonable rejection to review the article or the referee report to Editor’s office (via e-mail or regular mail).
6. The standard review form to draw a referee report (Appendix 1) is preferable. Reviewers shall rate submitted papers into three categories: “Recommend the article to be published”; “Recommend the article to be published: follow-up revision needed / article is subject to the reviewer’s commentaries”; and “Discommend the article to be published”. Decisions “Recommend the article to be published: follow-up revision needed / article is subject to the reviewer’s commentaries” or “Discommend the article to be published” shall be reasonably argued. Reviews are stored in the editorial for 5 years. On admission to the journal of corresponding request copies of reviews are submitted to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
7. After receiving the referee reports, the articles shall be discussed at the Editorial board meeting and the final decision on their publishing shall be made. According to the decision, responsible secretary shall send acknowledgements to the authors (via e-mail or regular mail). The acknowledgement shall include general assessment of the article, recommendations for revision (in case the article is recommended to be published after follow-up revision / subject to the reviewer’s commentaries), and the reasons of rejection if the article is not accepted.
8. After the follow-up revision the submitted article shall be assessed according to the standard procedure (paras. 4-7). The responsible secretary shall make a record in the Registration Journal specifying the date of submission of the article’s new edition.
9. External reviewers can be engaged in cases as follows: absence of the Editorial board member in a certain field; an Editorial board member responds negatively to the request for review; the Editorial board disagrees with the opinion of the Editorial board member expressed in the referee report; the article is submitted by an Editorial board member. At a regular meeting Editorial board shall make a decision to refer to a scientist who has expertise and publications in the particular scientific area for the past 3 years. On behalf of the Editorial board this scientist shall be requested to make a review. The article, a concise author’s background information, the standard review form to draw a referee report shall be attached to the request.